Shore diving is an excellent alternative to boat diving for scuba divers. In most cases, it is cheaper and easier accessible. There are many great sites for shore diving in the United States. The US has a diverse range of marine environments and a wide variety of dive sites to explore.
Some of the best shore diving sites in the United States include:
- Key Largo, Florida – When shore diving in Key Largo you can enjoy crystal-clear waters and abundant marine life. This includes a variety of tropical fish, coral reefs, and shipwrecks.
- Catalina Island, California – This island off the coast of Los Angeles is home to a number of dive sites. They offer excellent visibility, colorful marine life, and interesting underwater terrain.
- Kailua-Kona, Hawaii – This area on the Big Island of Hawaii is known for its black sand beaches and excellent scuba diving, with a variety of dive sites that offer the chance to see everything from manta rays and sea turtles to colorful coral reefs.
- Blue Heron Bridge, Florida – The Blue Heron Bridge at Phil Foster Park is world-renowned for its variety of macro and micro life. At the Blue Heron Bridge, you can see everything from nudibranchs to nurse sharks in the same dive.
- Anacapa Island, California – This island off the coast of California is part of the Channel Islands National Park. It offers excellent diving for both beginner and advanced divers, with a variety of marine life and interesting underwater terrain.
Ultimately, the best site for shore diving in the United States will depend on your experience level, diving interests, and the specific marine environments and dive sites you want to explore. It’s a good idea to research dive sites in advance and choose one that is suitable for your skill level and interests.